Developing using Visual Studio 2008 Web developer has been an intersting experience. First of all I find that it wont recompile a dll made in express edition, so I buy pro. I then find that my .net 3.5 program wont run on our IIS 6 which only goes up to 2.0. A downgrade of the program solves that, I didn't use any of the new functions. then it kept freezing all the time, mainly when switching between design and source mode, whatever you do, don't use split view. tooooooo slow. Had to patch everything up to the latest versions and these hiccups sorted themselves out. I also find that code written in Visual studio web developer 2003 isn't standards compliant with new xhtml and can;t find an easy way to convert it.
post on this at: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToSetAnIISApplicationOrAppPoolToUseASPNET35RatherThan20.aspx
Program is ready to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment